Sunday, July 17, 2011

NOTD: Incoco Nail Strips in Diamond Break

Another rainy day here in sunny Suffolk.  I can't complain though, because I absolutely love rain.  


I have been god awfully busy these days, so I finally got a chance to try these Incoco nail strips.  I recently tried my first pair a couple of weeks back and recently I was sent some samples from the Winter 2011 collection. You guys know how much I love these, so I'm really excited to show you these, because these are so much more my style.  Don't get me wrong, I thought the shimmering berry rich was lovely, but this is definitely more up my alley.
I'm really getting good at applying these haha.  Today it took me all of 5 minutes to get these on and I was up and about doing stuff. 


This is Diamond Break and yes it does look like all the crackle/shatter rage going on now, and for those of you who read my blog, you know I absolutely hate it now. I use to love it and then it just took over so I'm pretty sick of it, but for some reason Diamond break doesn't bother me as much, maybe because the crackle is actually clean cut instead of jagged and messy like the shatters.  Either way, it's a pink glitter base with a black shattered effect on top.  I almost want to say because the cracks are so clean that they could even be passed off as an animal print from a distance.














I hope you can see the pink glitter base in these photos, it has been raining all day today, so there is absolutely not a lot of sun - what else is new right?


This is why I like this product:


1.  It is 3 free, meaning it doesn't contain formaldehyde, DBP or toluene


2.  You can apply this anywhere, because it doesn't have the strong odour of regular polish, but there is still a scent, because these are nail polish.  
How many times do you want to do your nails before you go out to happy hour sitting at work? This is honestly a great solution for that.


3. And they actually last.  Even after a lot of housework, and typing all day long, I saw very minimal tip wear after 6 days.


I don't think these strips are meant for girls who like to change their polish everyday, or for those who obviously love to collect and hoard nail polish bottles.


But this is actually great for the girl who:
1. is going out on the town or a special event 
2. Is running late to a date or basically any event and you want a flawless manicure without going to the salon
3. trying to do their nails at work (I am SOOO guilty of this!)
4. isn't artistic enough to do nail art (this isn't an insult, but not all of us are artistically gifted)
5. Or just appreciates flawless manicures without paying the salon price. 


I know a lot of hesitation is that you can only use these once and that for the price of a full polish bottle you can get the same thing, but if you have short nails, you can actually work it so that each strip can cover 2 nails. So if you store these well, you can actually get another wear out of package, and if you are careful with your nails, these are suppose to last up to 2 weeks.  So 4 weeks from one package isn't quite bad, but that isn't me. 
I get too bored easily and I'll want to change my polish tomorrow LOL.


I really want to try Black Diamond, 24k, bling bling, Stardust, and I saw somewhere a metallic gold foil one but can't seem to find it anymore on their website, darn.


Sadly for us UK girls, these aren't available here ( I don't think) but you can purchase them off of their website from $8.99 - $10.99 or at Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment