Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dior Tuxedo Nail Vernis vs. Chanel Blue Satin Nail Colour

Big shout out to my girl Puckettk who did an awesome comparison and allowed me to use it to show my readers and everyone else the similarities between the two polishes.

Behold....the sea of blue goodness.....


Photo credit: Puckettk

From Left to Right: 
Essie Midnight Cami, 
Dior Tuxedo,
 Illamasqua Phallic, 
Chanel Blue Satin, 
Chanel Nuit de Russie

Photo credit: Puckettk
(I don't own Illamasqua Phallic, but that just made it to my wishlist!!) 

Photo credit: Puckettk
Illamasqua Phallic - Dior Tuxedo - Chanel Blue Satin


This blue is actually my favourite next to vampy and black polish with scattered flakies or glitter.  I love it and I have loved it way back in 2000 when it was actually popular for a summer.  I still remember trying blue polish on my toes, and people would comment like "wow you're brave to wear that colour"....fast forward 11 years and it's the fashion - go figure! haha.  Well it is the fashion and I'm loving it.

Dior tuxedo is quite similar to Chanel Blue Satin 
as you can see.

Notes about the Dior Polish:
* Distinct purple shimmer that doesn't show up in the pictures
* 2 coats for opaque coverage
* You either love or hate the new Dior brush, I do like it alot.
* And just like the Chanel Blue satin, the Dior is not streaky as well

So what do you guys think? Too close of a dupe to take the plunge on?

No comments:

Post a Comment